Thursday, August 23, 2018

Week Nine: Topic One

I love music, and though the first question is asking for an experience where I tried to censor music I can honestly say that I've never tried to divert someone else's taste or drive them into some place where they wouldn't want to be. Music is a form of self expression and its upsetting when people try to curate others tastes. Has there been music that's 'crossed the line'? Most likely but I wouldn't want to see it go away. I listen to a lot of Punk Rock and Hardcore Punk and a lot of the White Power music that lodges itself into the Punk music is honestly horrible but there are so many bands that stand against that so they're in the minority.

I feel that music is important for us to grow as people because we are accepting a voice that is different from our own and I love hearing how others feel.

My favorite form of music is Hardcore Punk. I thought about top five for awhile and for me it would probably be Minor Threat, Agnostic Front, The Nihilistics, Reagan Youth, and the Dead Kennedys

No comments:

Post a Comment